Need a CPA Expert? What CPA Did You Have in Mind?

By Vincent J. Love

Do you want a CPA, or a CPA? That is, do you need a Certified Public Accountant (a governmentally licensed professional) or a Certified Professional Accountant? It may all depend on whether he or she is a member of the AICPA or the AICPA, or actually both organizations as an AICPA member is now automatically a member of the  AICPA. These two organizations, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants, are the result of AICPA members (that is, the public accountants) approving a proposal last year to revise its bylaws (the results were announced on June 18, 2016). Confusing? Dr. Seuss at his best (“I like nonsense; it wakes up the brain cells”) could not have done better.

Read the entire article here: Need a CPA Expert? What CPA Did You Have in Mind?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

fourteen + twenty =