The mission of the committee is to provide a forum for addressing the technical, educational and professional needs of the membership. The committee undertakes the following activities.
- Quarterly meetings either in person or conference call to discuss recent technical, legislative and industry related developments including presentations by subject matter experts and industry professionals.
- Annual review of the ACA website to ascertain what improvements can be made
- Includes an open forum in each meeting to discuss pressing issues
- Identifying and educating members on emerging technical and cybersecurity issues
- Establishes committee liaisons with other technical and cybersecurity organizations
- Post ACA programs/ events on social media (e.g. LinkedIn, Facebook)
- Identifying relevant industry speakers
Members of the Website and Technology Committee are accounting, attorneys, business and information technology professionals that specialize in or have an interest in information security, privacy, risk, social media, and web site creation and maintenance their respective impact on business and finance.
Those members with an interest in cyber security and information technology should consider joining this committee. Membership provides a unique opportunity to network with other professionals in the field as well as to support a forum the membership.