The Nominating Committee is elected by and reports to the Board of Governors for the purpose of nominating candidates to the Accountants Club of America Officers and Board of Governors. This Committee may be asked to advise the Board of Governors on related matters.
The committee undertakes the following activities:
- The responsibility for soliciting and communicating information to the Officers and Board of Governors regarding open positions on the Accountants Club of America Officers, Board of Governors and Advisory Board.
- Review the size and composition of the Officers, Board of Governors and Advisory Board; consider the profile of the Officers, Board of Governors and Advisory Board as a whole in terms of diversity, age, skills, and experience; and identify current and future needs that should be met through election.
- The responsibility for nomination requests and for conducting a proper and fair election of new Officers, Board of Governors and Advisory Board members.
- If an insufficient number of members voluntarily seek election to fill the open positions, the Nominating Committee will develop a slate of additional candidates to ensure there are no open positions of Officers, Board of Governors and Advisory Board after the election.
- Maintain minutes of committee meetings and make periodic reports to the Board, with the understanding that some deliberations of the committee must be treated as confidential.
- The Committee will meet as circumstances require, but at least once each year.
- The Committee will regard all committee matters and deliberations as confidential.
- Nominations will be announced to the membership at the Annual Meeting which is to take place no later than October 31st of each year.
- The minimum number of committee members will be five.
- Each member will serve a term as prescribed by the President.
- Committee vacancies will be filled by nominations request and approved by the Officers and Board of Governors.
- Nomination committees may also have other duties.
Members of the Nominating Committee act as part of the Accountants Club of America governance which includes the evaluation of the Officers, Board of Governors and Advisory Board and the examination of the skills and characteristics needed in an Officers, Board of Governors and Advisory Board candidates.
Membership is open to all who have a desire and interest in the Accountants Club of America governance.